Youth dies during operation, family alleges negligence
Burdwan: Family members of a youth today
filed a police complaint against doctors of a private Nursing
Home here alleging that the youth died due to their medical
negligence during an elbow operation.
Kuntal Dutta (25) of Amdhara village near Bolpur suffered
a fracture in his hand some seven days. The doctors in Bolpur
had advised him to undergo an elbow operation, police sources
Accordingly Dutta today underwent the elbow operation at
a private nursing home at Khosbagan area here but he died
during the operation, the sources said.
Family members of Dutta alleged that medical negligence
of the doctors during the operation was responsible for his
death while the doctors claimed that he suffered a heart
attack during the operation and died, sources said.
But the family members claimed that Dutta had an ECG
before the operation which said his heart condition was
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test