Youth dies during operation, family alleges negligence
Burdwan: Family members of a youth today
filed a police complaint against doctors of a private Nursing
Home here alleging that the youth died due to their medical
negligence during an elbow operation.
Kuntal Dutta (25) of Amdhara village near Bolpur suffered
a fracture in his hand some seven days. The doctors in Bolpur
had advised him to undergo an elbow operation, police sources
Accordingly Dutta today underwent the elbow operation at
a private nursing home at Khosbagan area here but he died
during the operation, the sources said.
Family members of Dutta alleged that medical negligence
of the doctors during the operation was responsible for his
death while the doctors claimed that he suffered a heart
attack during the operation and died, sources said.
But the family members claimed that Dutta had an ECG
before the operation which said his heart condition was
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report