Youth from West Bengal killed in Afghanistan
Krishnanagar: A 24-year-old youth from Nadia district in West Bengal was among the three Indians killed in a suicide attack in Kabul on Tuesday, police sources said here.
Kaushik Chakraborty (24), a resident of Srinathpur under Ranaghat police station area, worked as a cook at a private firm in the Afghan capital along with two others, sources said.
Chakroboty was returning along with two others to their guest house when they were caught in the suicide bomb attack and killed.
Chakraborty`s father, Sushanta, a forest guard, said he was supposed to return after one year and start a business here after raising some cash.
Chakraborty left behind his wife, two-year-old son and parents.
The local administration said efforts would be made to bring the body here.
The Taliban truck bomb and gun attack killed at least nine people, three of whom were Indians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj