Youth from West Bengal killed in Afghanistan
Krishnanagar: A 24-year-old youth from Nadia district in West Bengal was among the three Indians killed in a suicide attack in Kabul on Tuesday, police sources said here.
Kaushik Chakraborty (24), a resident of Srinathpur under Ranaghat police station area, worked as a cook at a private firm in the Afghan capital along with two others, sources said.
Chakroboty was returning along with two others to their guest house when they were caught in the suicide bomb attack and killed.
Chakraborty`s father, Sushanta, a forest guard, said he was supposed to return after one year and start a business here after raising some cash.
Chakraborty left behind his wife, two-year-old son and parents.
The local administration said efforts would be made to bring the body here.
The Taliban truck bomb and gun attack killed at least nine people, three of whom were Indians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS