Youth held for rape attempt on blind girl
Burdwan: A 19-year-old youth was arrested for allegedly attempting to rape a blind girl here at Purbasthali village of Nasratpur`s Dangapara area, police said on Monday.
The incident happened yesterday evening when the 14-year-old blind girl was alone and the accused, identified as Chottu Sheikh taking advantage of that, allegedly barged into the house and tried to rape her, they said.
Hearing the girl screaming, her mother and sister, who went to attend a function in the neighbourhood, rushed to the house when Chottu, who is a neighbour, fled, the girl`s father alleged in his FIR, police said.
Chottu was arrested this morning and was taken to the Kalka SDJM court where police would ask for a five-day custody, they said.
Incidentally, the girl who studies in a blind school of Nabadwip had come back home on Saturday to spend holiday because of the Saraswati Puja.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country