Youth kills girlfriend, shoots self in Bengal
Malda: A youth allegedly shot his girlfriend to death after which he tried to commit suicide at Malda town here as their family members opposed their match, police said.
The 18-year-old girl died on the way to hospital and the boy has been battling for life at Malda Medical College.
The duo were classmates at a college here and were planning to get married in February, police said.
However, the girl`s family members were against her plans to get married to the boy as he belonged to another religion, they said.
The youth went to the girl`s house this noon and shot the girl from a 9 mm pistol and then shot himself in the head, Superintendent of Police Kalyan Mukherjee said.
The police seized the pistol and four bullets, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender