Youth`s body found, police face people`s wrath in WB
Howrah (WB): The body of a youth, who reportedly had protested against liquor and gambling dens at Dhulagarh of Howrah district, was recovered this morning sparking unrest in the area in which a police vehicle was damaged.
The police said the body of Shubha Dhaki (19) was found with throat slit this morning from Panchanantala locality of Dhulagarh under Sankrail police station.
Stating that Dhaki was killed as he used to protest against liquor and gambling dens in the area, local people did not allow the police to take the body, pelted stones on policemen and damaged a police vehicle.
Later, a large contingent of police including RAF personnel reached the spot, collected the body and brought the situation under control, the sources said.
Locals alleged that the police lathicharged on them, but it was denied by the police.
The sources said they were enquiring whether the youth`s killing was linked to any liquor and gambling den.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off