Youth`s body found, police face people`s wrath in WB
Howrah (WB): The body of a youth, who reportedly had protested against liquor and gambling dens at Dhulagarh of Howrah district, was recovered this morning sparking unrest in the area in which a police vehicle was damaged.
The police said the body of Shubha Dhaki (19) was found with throat slit this morning from Panchanantala locality of Dhulagarh under Sankrail police station.
Stating that Dhaki was killed as he used to protest against liquor and gambling dens in the area, local people did not allow the police to take the body, pelted stones on policemen and damaged a police vehicle.
Later, a large contingent of police including RAF personnel reached the spot, collected the body and brought the situation under control, the sources said.
Locals alleged that the police lathicharged on them, but it was denied by the police.
The sources said they were enquiring whether the youth`s killing was linked to any liquor and gambling den.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation