Youth`s body found, police face people`s wrath in WB
Howrah (WB): The body of a youth, who reportedly had protested against liquor and gambling dens at Dhulagarh of Howrah district, was recovered this morning sparking unrest in the area in which a police vehicle was damaged.
The police said the body of Shubha Dhaki (19) was found with throat slit this morning from Panchanantala locality of Dhulagarh under Sankrail police station.
Stating that Dhaki was killed as he used to protest against liquor and gambling dens in the area, local people did not allow the police to take the body, pelted stones on policemen and damaged a police vehicle.
Later, a large contingent of police including RAF personnel reached the spot, collected the body and brought the situation under control, the sources said.
Locals alleged that the police lathicharged on them, but it was denied by the police.
The sources said they were enquiring whether the youth`s killing was linked to any liquor and gambling den.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional