Youth`s body found, police face people`s wrath
Howrah: The body of a youth, who reportedly had protested against liquor and gambling dens at Dhulagarh of Howrah district, was recovered Tuesday morning sparking unrest in the area in which a police vehicle was damaged.
The police said the body of Shubha Dhaki (19) was found with throat slit this morning from Panchanantala locality of Dhulagarh under Sankrail police station.
Stating that Dhaki was killed as he used to protest against liquor and gambling dens in the area, local people did not allow the police to take the body, pelted stones on policemen and damaged a police vehicle.
Later, a large contingent of police including RAF personnel reached the spot, collected the body and brought the situation under control, the sources said.
Locals alleged that the police lathicharged on them, but it was denied by the police.
The sources said they were enquiring whether the youth`s killing was linked to any liquor and gambling den.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military unveils new weapons after South China Sea verdict
- Pakistan PM chairs meeting on Kashmir
- Kashmir unrest: Rajnath to embark on two-day visit to Valley
- Waiting for the day Kashmir becomes part of Pakistan: Nawaz Sharif
- Must Watch: What Nawaz Sharif's daughter has to say about PML-N's victory in PoK polls