Sudarshan Patnaik creates sand sculpture to mark World Environment Day
Bhubaneswar: Marking the World Environment Day noted sand artist Sudarshan Patnaik has created a unique sand sculpture in Puri depicting the importance of protecting the environment and building eco-friendly homes.
Based on United Nation`s theme for World Environment Day 2014, "Raise your voice, not the sea level", Patnaik yesterday created the art work in a bid to create awareness on sustainable living, environment protection and ecological conservation.
Real estate development company Tata Housing tied up with Patnaik to mark the occasion.
The objective of the initiative was to spread the message of conservation and enhancement of nature, raise awareness and encourage citizens to take action and help reduce the potential impacts of climate change.
In-line with our continuous efforts towards conservation of nature and ecological growth, we have joined hands with Patnaik to create awareness about environment conservation through art, Rajeeb Dash, Head-Marketing, Tata Housing, said.
"As a member of the Tata Group, Tata Housing aims to abate climate change with a sense of shared responsibility and has started tracking its own carbon footprint in order to reduce carbon emissions. We at Tata Housing have pioneered the concept of sustainable living with development of green homes since it`s revival in 2007," Dash said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- It's a 'happy-sad feeling' for Anushka Sharma as 'Phillauri' shoot comes to an end!
- Lankan Navy damages seven boats of Tamil Nadu fishermen
- At least 18 killed by a roadside bomb in Somalia
- 'Too much' or 'too little' sleep can raise diabetes risk in men
- 7th Pay Commission: No decision yet on increase in allowances; pay hike to be implemented from Jan 2016