1 dead, 6 Japanese divers missing in Indonesia
Bali: Indonesian rescuers recovered the body believed to be of a Japanese diver and searched for six others missing on Saturday off the resort island of Bali, police said.
The group, including two instructors, left yesterday morning on a boat they hired for a dive around mangroves in Crystal Bay when strong winds and heavy rains hit the area, said Maj. Nyoman Suarsika, chief of Nusa Penida police.
Rescuers today found the body of a woman, Bali police spokesman Col. Hariadi said. He did not elaborate.
A list provided by police shows the group included one man and six women.
The search for the missing involved police, the National Search and Rescue Agency and fishermen, guided by the two Indonesian skippers from the divers` boat.
Nusa Penida is about 20 kilometres (12 miles) east off Denpasar, Bali`s capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez