1 dead, 6 Japanese divers missing in Indonesia
Bali: Indonesian rescuers recovered the body believed to be of a Japanese diver and searched for six others missing on Saturday off the resort island of Bali, police said.
The group, including two instructors, left yesterday morning on a boat they hired for a dive around mangroves in Crystal Bay when strong winds and heavy rains hit the area, said Maj. Nyoman Suarsika, chief of Nusa Penida police.
Rescuers today found the body of a woman, Bali police spokesman Col. Hariadi said. He did not elaborate.
A list provided by police shows the group included one man and six women.
The search for the missing involved police, the National Search and Rescue Agency and fishermen, guided by the two Indonesian skippers from the divers` boat.
Nusa Penida is about 20 kilometres (12 miles) east off Denpasar, Bali`s capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?