1 dead in explosion at US grain silo: Officials
Union Mills (Indiana): Authorities say an explosion at a grain bin in northwest Indiana has left one person dead.
The Sheriff`s Department says the explosion happened at the Union Mills Co-op. The co-op stores grain as well as fertilizer. But the department says the explosion happened in a grain silo.
The department says in a news release that no hazardous chemicals were involved.
No one else was injured and everyone else at the plant has been accounted for. The co-op is about 80 kilometers southeast of Chicago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened