1 dead in explosion at US grain silo: Officials
Union Mills (Indiana): Authorities say an explosion at a grain bin in northwest Indiana has left one person dead.
The Sheriff`s Department says the explosion happened at the Union Mills Co-op. The co-op stores grain as well as fertilizer. But the department says the explosion happened in a grain silo.
The department says in a news release that no hazardous chemicals were involved.
No one else was injured and everyone else at the plant has been accounted for. The co-op is about 80 kilometers southeast of Chicago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state