1 dead in explosion at US grain silo: Officials
Union Mills (Indiana): Authorities say an explosion at a grain bin in northwest Indiana has left one person dead.
The Sheriff`s Department says the explosion happened at the Union Mills Co-op. The co-op stores grain as well as fertilizer. But the department says the explosion happened in a grain silo.
The department says in a news release that no hazardous chemicals were involved.
No one else was injured and everyone else at the plant has been accounted for. The co-op is about 80 kilometers southeast of Chicago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!