1 killed, 1 wounded during police raid in Tunisia
Tunis: A raid by police on weapons caches held by suspected Islamic extremists in Tunisia has left one person dead and another seriously injured.
Interior Ministry spokesman Khaled Tarrouch says a suspect opened fire on police during the raid today at a house in the Douar Hicher neighborhood of Tunis, a district considered a bastion of radical Islamists.
He says police returned fire, seriously wounded the suspect and killing his wife.
The spokesman says police seized two Kalashnikov rifles and a supply of ammunition, and made four arrests during a series of raids on houses in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred