1 killed, 1 wounded during police raid in Tunisia
Tunis: A raid by police on weapons caches held by suspected Islamic extremists in Tunisia has left one person dead and another seriously injured.
Interior Ministry spokesman Khaled Tarrouch says a suspect opened fire on police during the raid today at a house in the Douar Hicher neighborhood of Tunis, a district considered a bastion of radical Islamists.
He says police returned fire, seriously wounded the suspect and killing his wife.
The spokesman says police seized two Kalashnikov rifles and a supply of ammunition, and made four arrests during a series of raids on houses in the district.
- CBI begins probe into Harish Rawat sting CD case
- Asia Badminton Championship: Saina Nehwal enters semis, plays Wang Yihan of China
- BSF to hoist tallest national flag at Attari-Wagah border, will be visible from Lahore!
- Illegal construction: UP CM suspends MLA Rampal Yadav from party
- Good news! Datsun redi-Go pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000