1 killed, 1 wounded during police raid in Tunisia
Tunis: A raid by police on weapons caches held by suspected Islamic extremists in Tunisia has left one person dead and another seriously injured.
Interior Ministry spokesman Khaled Tarrouch says a suspect opened fire on police during the raid today at a house in the Douar Hicher neighborhood of Tunis, a district considered a bastion of radical Islamists.
He says police returned fire, seriously wounded the suspect and killing his wife.
The spokesman says police seized two Kalashnikov rifles and a supply of ammunition, and made four arrests during a series of raids on houses in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra