1 killed, 1 wounded during police raid in Tunisia
Tunis: A raid by police on weapons caches held by suspected Islamic extremists in Tunisia has left one person dead and another seriously injured.
Interior Ministry spokesman Khaled Tarrouch says a suspect opened fire on police during the raid today at a house in the Douar Hicher neighborhood of Tunis, a district considered a bastion of radical Islamists.
He says police returned fire, seriously wounded the suspect and killing his wife.
The spokesman says police seized two Kalashnikov rifles and a supply of ammunition, and made four arrests during a series of raids on houses in the district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill