10 dead, over 40 missing in industrial accidents in China
Beijing: Atleast ten people were killed and over 40 injured in two separate industrial accidents in China on Monday.
Six people died and 11 are still missing in a coal-mine gas blast in northeast China`s Jilin Province today, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
In a separate incident, four people were killed while another 32 were injured after a furnace exploded in an iron and steel factory in eastern China.
A furnace exploded at the Xinyu Iron and Steel Group Company in the city of Xinyu in Jiangxi Province, Xinhua reported.
The blast smashed a 100-tonne furnace of the plant. The injured were moved to a local hospital, the agency reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'