10 die in Russian plane crash
Moscow: Ten people were killed Wednesday when their plane crashed in Russia`s far eastern Kamchatka Peninsula, officials said.
The twin-engine Antonov An-28 was carrying 12 passengers and two crew, investigators say. It had been on a flight from the regional capital, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, reported RIA Novosti.
Four survivors have been taken to hospital, officials said.
The aircraft lost radio contact with traffic control at 12.28 shortly before it was due to land at an airfield in the village of Palana, about 990 km north of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.
The pilots had been trying to make an emergency landing when the plane came down in woodland some 10 km from Palana, Kamchatka`s special programs minister Sergei Khabanov said Wednesday.
Aircraft are used extensively for transport in Kamchatka, a huge territory where there are many remote sites which are not easily accessible by road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY