10 die in Russian plane crash
Moscow: Ten people were killed Wednesday when their plane crashed in Russia`s far eastern Kamchatka Peninsula, officials said.
The twin-engine Antonov An-28 was carrying 12 passengers and two crew, investigators say. It had been on a flight from the regional capital, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, reported RIA Novosti.
Four survivors have been taken to hospital, officials said.
The aircraft lost radio contact with traffic control at 12.28 shortly before it was due to land at an airfield in the village of Palana, about 990 km north of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.
The pilots had been trying to make an emergency landing when the plane came down in woodland some 10 km from Palana, Kamchatka`s special programs minister Sergei Khabanov said Wednesday.
Aircraft are used extensively for transport in Kamchatka, a huge territory where there are many remote sites which are not easily accessible by road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof