10 die in Russian plane crash
Moscow: Ten people were killed Wednesday when their plane crashed in Russia`s far eastern Kamchatka Peninsula, officials said.
The twin-engine Antonov An-28 was carrying 12 passengers and two crew, investigators say. It had been on a flight from the regional capital, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, reported RIA Novosti.
Four survivors have been taken to hospital, officials said.
The aircraft lost radio contact with traffic control at 12.28 shortly before it was due to land at an airfield in the village of Palana, about 990 km north of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.
The pilots had been trying to make an emergency landing when the plane came down in woodland some 10 km from Palana, Kamchatka`s special programs minister Sergei Khabanov said Wednesday.
Aircraft are used extensively for transport in Kamchatka, a huge territory where there are many remote sites which are not easily accessible by road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?