10 die in Russian plane crash
Moscow: Ten people were killed Wednesday when their plane crashed in Russia`s far eastern Kamchatka Peninsula, officials said.
The twin-engine Antonov An-28 was carrying 12 passengers and two crew, investigators say. It had been on a flight from the regional capital, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, reported RIA Novosti.
Four survivors have been taken to hospital, officials said.
The aircraft lost radio contact with traffic control at 12.28 shortly before it was due to land at an airfield in the village of Palana, about 990 km north of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.
The pilots had been trying to make an emergency landing when the plane came down in woodland some 10 km from Palana, Kamchatka`s special programs minister Sergei Khabanov said Wednesday.
Aircraft are used extensively for transport in Kamchatka, a huge territory where there are many remote sites which are not easily accessible by road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL