10 drown as boat sinks in Mediterranean
Rome: At least 10 people drowned and 70 others were rescued after their boat sank between the Libyan coast and the Italian Island of Lampedusa, local media reported Sunday.
After recovering bodies of three women overnight, Italy`s coast guards recovered the bodies of seven others would-be migrants in the Mediterranean, about 35 miles from the Libyan coast, according to Ansa news agency, reported Xinhua.
The survivors, including a pregnant woman, had spent hours clinging to the hull of a motorised raft. They were being taken to Lampedusa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH