10 killed in China building collapse
Beijing: At least 10 people were killed and 91 others injured when an auditorium collapsed during a wedding in eastern China, state media reported on Friday.
The incident took place last evening in Yazhuang village in Zhejiang Province when the wedding ceremony was underway and most people did not have time to escape.
Ten people were killed and over 91 others injured, including 11 in critical condition, the reports said.
Even though the cause of the collapse was being probed, local residents said the age of the building and accumulated snow on the roof may have triggered the collapse.
Over 100 rescue workers pulled dead and injured from the rubble, the reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt