10 killed in China building collapse
Beijing: At least 10 people were killed and 91 others injured when an auditorium collapsed during a wedding in eastern China, state media reported on Friday.
The incident took place last evening in Yazhuang village in Zhejiang Province when the wedding ceremony was underway and most people did not have time to escape.
Ten people were killed and over 91 others injured, including 11 in critical condition, the reports said.
Even though the cause of the collapse was being probed, local residents said the age of the building and accumulated snow on the roof may have triggered the collapse.
Over 100 rescue workers pulled dead and injured from the rubble, the reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends