10 killed in coal mine blast in China
Beijing: Ten people have been killed in a gas explosion at a coal mine in central China`s Hunan Province, local authorities said today.
The blast took place yesterday afternoon at Simachong coal mine in Shaodong County of Shaoyang City, an officer with the publicity department of Shaodong said.
A total of 39 miners were working underground when the accident happened and 29 miners were lifted to safety, state- run Xinhua news agncy reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list