10 killed in Kazakhstan road accident
Astana: At least 10 people were killed and nine others injured when a van collided with a car in the southern Kazakh province of Kyzylorda Wednesday, authorities said.
The accident took place on a highway near Tartugay city around 9 a.m., Xinhua quoted the provincial internal department of Kyzylorda province as saying in a statement.
A total of 19 people were aboard the two vehicles and both drivers died on the scene, the department said, adding that all the injured were rushed to hospital for treatment.
An investigation into the cause of the deadly incident is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez