10 peasants killed in Colombia massacre
Bogota: Colombian officials say 10 peasants have been killed by a drug-trafficking paramilitary group in a northeastern region of the country.
The massacre was carried out by a group known as "Los Rastrojos" who stormed into a tomato farm at around 6 pm local time (2300 GMT) yesterday.
The group killed nine men and a woman in the municipality of Santa Rosa de los Osos located in the state of Antioquia, about 275 kilometers northeast of the capital Bogota says Santiago Londono, government secretary for Antioquia.
Local media says the farm labourers were killed by a grenade but officials are still investigating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail