10-year-old prodigy to enter Harvard this fall
Mexico City: He`s only 10-years old but thanks to an IQ similar to Albert Einstein`s, Luis Roberto Ramirez will begin the next school year studying applied quantum physics at Harvard University.
"My dream is to create a company and sell my inventions," the boy said on a video aired by the Michoacan Radio and Television System.
Ramirez, who lives in Zamora, Michoacan, taught himself English at 5 and is now learning to speak French and Chinese.
He was identified as highly gifted just two years ago when his parents began to see he had problems relating to other children, and that his priorities and tastes were unlike anything that might be expected of a kid his age.
It was then he was determined to have an IQ of between 152 and 160, around Einstein`s level.
"It makes us very proud but it`s also a big responsibility," his father, Roberto Ramirez, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar