100 feared dead in Somalia storm
Mogadishu: At least 100 people were feared dead after a storm hit the coastal areas of Somalia`s northeastern autonomous state of Puntland over the weekend, an official said Monday.
The storm, which made landfall Saturday morning, caused "death and destruction across its path", Xinhua quoted an official in Puntland as saying.
"Information collected from coastal areas via irregular telephone contact over the past 48 hours indicates that up to 100 people might have been killed, while hundreds of others remain unaccounted for," a statement from the local administration said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police