1,000 freed in DR Congo prison attack
Lubumbashi (DR Congo): Gunmen attacked a
prison in the southeastern Democratic Republic of Congo,
freeing a former militia leader and allowing close to 1,000
inmates to escape, a local official said.
"Eight armed and masked men got off a minivan and took
advantage of visiting day to gain access unnoticed. They
opened fire on the police and the military guards, killing
two," Katanga provincial interior minister Dkianga Kazadi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials