101 Chinese miners held in Ghana released on bail
Beijing: A group of 101 Chinese miners detained in Ghana last week on charges of illegal gold mining have been released on bail, officials said on Friday.
The group, suspected of illegal gold mining were released on bail on Wednesday, China`s Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said.
Ghana has set up a team to investigate the issue, including the incident of the death of a Chinese national, Hong told reporters here.
The 101 miners were bailed after joint efforts by the Chinese foreign ministry and the Chinese embassy in the African nation, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The miners were detained and a 16-year-old Chinese national was shot dead during a joint action by Ghana`s police and immigration officials to investigate illegal gold mining by foreigners in the Ashanti region last week.
Hong said the Chinese embassy will deal with the follow-up issues of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi