107-year-old man killed in SWAT shootout in Arkansas
Washington: A 107-year-old Arkansas man was killed during a shootout with US police and SWAT team members, local authorities said.
Police were responding to a disturbance at a house in Pine Bluff city yesterday afternoon and determined that suspect Monroe Isadore had pointed a gun at two people, according to a statement given to local media.
The two victims were led out of the house. As the officers approached the bedroom where Isadore had taken cover, he shot through the door.
Isadore failed to injure any of the officers with his gunfire. Supervisors began negotiating with Isadore and a Special Weapons and Tactics team was called out.
Using a camera inserted into the room, the SWAT team was able to confirm that Isadore was armed with a handgun. The officers then slipped gas into the room before Isadore responded with gunfire.
"Shortly afterwards, a SWAT entry team inside the residence breached the door to the bedroom and threw a distraction device into the bedroom," the Pine Bluff Police Department statement read.
"Isadore then began to fire on the entry team and the entry team engaged Isadore, killing him."
The statement did not say which type of distraction device was used.
Law enforcement officials are investigating the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy