107-year-old man killed in SWAT shootout in Arkansas
Washington: A 107-year-old Arkansas man was killed during a shootout with US police and SWAT team members, local authorities said.
Police were responding to a disturbance at a house in Pine Bluff city yesterday afternoon and determined that suspect Monroe Isadore had pointed a gun at two people, according to a statement given to local media.
The two victims were led out of the house. As the officers approached the bedroom where Isadore had taken cover, he shot through the door.
Isadore failed to injure any of the officers with his gunfire. Supervisors began negotiating with Isadore and a Special Weapons and Tactics team was called out.
Using a camera inserted into the room, the SWAT team was able to confirm that Isadore was armed with a handgun. The officers then slipped gas into the room before Isadore responded with gunfire.
"Shortly afterwards, a SWAT entry team inside the residence breached the door to the bedroom and threw a distraction device into the bedroom," the Pine Bluff Police Department statement read.
"Isadore then began to fire on the entry team and the entry team engaged Isadore, killing him."
The statement did not say which type of distraction device was used.
Law enforcement officials are investigating the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks