108 foreigners detained in Malaysia for drug offences
Kuala Lumpur: A total of 108 foreigners,
including five Indian nationals, have been detained by
Malaysian authorities for drug offences since 2005, Home
Minister Hishammuddin Hussein has said.
He told Parliament that out of the 108, who were
arrested for various drug offences, 53 were from Thailand anf
five from India.
15 Peruvian nationals, Taiwan (6), the Philippines
(6), Singapore (6), Iran (4), China (3), Pakistan (3),
Indonesia (3) and one each from Britain, Hong Kong, Sudan and
Zambia were taken into custody from 2005 to 2009, he said.
"During the same period, 106 locals were also
detained for drug offences, and all of them were detained at
the country?s main entry points, including airports," he
During the same period, police seized 45.8kg of
heroin, 53.6kg of cocaine, 12.5kg of marijuana, 67.7kg of
ganja, 194.5kg of ketamine and 1,455 Eramin pills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?