11 dead, 2 missing as ship sinks off China Beijing
Beijing: At least 11 crew members were killed after a container ship with 14 on board sank off the east coast of China, authorities said on Tuesday.
Two rescue vessels retrieved 11 bodies while one person was rescued by a helicopter, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Rescuers are still searching for two missing crew members.
The ship, named Guangyangxingang, capsized around 40 nautical miles northeast of Longkou in Shandong Province last evening amid strong winds, the report said.
The ship was travelling from the northern coastal city of Tianjin to Taizhou in eastern Zhejiang Province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!