11 dead, 2 missing as ship sinks off China Beijing
Beijing: At least 11 crew members were killed after a container ship with 14 on board sank off the east coast of China, authorities said on Tuesday.
Two rescue vessels retrieved 11 bodies while one person was rescued by a helicopter, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Rescuers are still searching for two missing crew members.
The ship, named Guangyangxingang, capsized around 40 nautical miles northeast of Longkou in Shandong Province last evening amid strong winds, the report said.
The ship was travelling from the northern coastal city of Tianjin to Taizhou in eastern Zhejiang Province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- S Korea offers Tokyo-funded money to 'comfort women'
- Jurgen Klopp tries to keep peace with frustrated Daniel Sturridge
- Iraqi, Syrian foreign ministers meet in Baghdad
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Xioami Redmi Note 4 launched, comes with 10-core processor, 4,100 mAh battery