11 dead, 2 missing as ship sinks off China Beijing
Beijing: At least 11 crew members were killed after a container ship with 14 on board sank off the east coast of China, authorities said on Tuesday.
Two rescue vessels retrieved 11 bodies while one person was rescued by a helicopter, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Rescuers are still searching for two missing crew members.
The ship, named Guangyangxingang, capsized around 40 nautical miles northeast of Longkou in Shandong Province last evening amid strong winds, the report said.
The ship was travelling from the northern coastal city of Tianjin to Taizhou in eastern Zhejiang Province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka bandh tomorrow; film theatres to remain closed, protests grow – More details
- HC upholds summoning of Vijay Mallya in cheque-bounce cases
- Scientists identify key protein that can predict ovarian cancer early!
- Report on roadmap to double farmers' income by Sept: Govt
- Sugar prices up in Delhi by Rs 2 in June-July at Rs 40-41 per kg