11 dead in China road accident
Beijing: At least 11 people died and 35 suffered injuries in an accident which occurred on a Chinese expressway Friday in Fujian province, authorities said.
The accident took place in the morning when a semi-trailer loaded with cement hit a car, a bus and a truck on the expressway from Zhangzhou to Longyan in Zhangzhou city, Xinhua quoted a government official as saying.
Initial investigation indicated that the semi-trailer experienced a brake failure and led to the accident, an official statement said.
There were 45 passengers, including three children, boarding the 44-seat double-decker bus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog