11 dead in China road accident
Beijing: At least 11 people died and 35 suffered injuries in an accident which occurred on a Chinese expressway Friday in Fujian province, authorities said.
The accident took place in the morning when a semi-trailer loaded with cement hit a car, a bus and a truck on the expressway from Zhangzhou to Longyan in Zhangzhou city, Xinhua quoted a government official as saying.
Initial investigation indicated that the semi-trailer experienced a brake failure and led to the accident, an official statement said.
There were 45 passengers, including three children, boarding the 44-seat double-decker bus.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India