11 die in military plane crash in Romania
Bucharest: Eleven soldiers were killed in Romania Monday when a military plane crashed shortly after take-off, the country`s defence ministry said.
Another three people were taken to hospital with serious injuries. Officials corrected earlier media reports of 10 dead.
The Soviet-era Antonov AN-2 plane went down in flames with 13 people on board at the Tuzla airport near the city of Constanta on the Black Sea.
Nine passengers on board were Marine parachutists on a practice exercise along with three flight crew members and the leader of the air force school, the ministry said.
Investigations into the cause of the crash were ongoing, but Romanian media reported investigators speculated the crash may have been caused by pilot error.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre