11 die in military plane crash in Romania
Bucharest: Eleven soldiers were killed in Romania Monday when a military plane crashed shortly after take-off, the country`s defence ministry said.
Another three people were taken to hospital with serious injuries. Officials corrected earlier media reports of 10 dead.
The Soviet-era Antonov AN-2 plane went down in flames with 13 people on board at the Tuzla airport near the city of Constanta on the Black Sea.
Nine passengers on board were Marine parachutists on a practice exercise along with three flight crew members and the leader of the air force school, the ministry said.
Investigations into the cause of the crash were ongoing, but Romanian media reported investigators speculated the crash may have been caused by pilot error.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living