11 die in military plane crash in Romania
Bucharest: Eleven soldiers were killed in Romania Monday when a military plane crashed shortly after take-off, the country`s defence ministry said.
Another three people were taken to hospital with serious injuries. Officials corrected earlier media reports of 10 dead.
The Soviet-era Antonov AN-2 plane went down in flames with 13 people on board at the Tuzla airport near the city of Constanta on the Black Sea.
Nine passengers on board were Marine parachutists on a practice exercise along with three flight crew members and the leader of the air force school, the ministry said.
Investigations into the cause of the crash were ongoing, but Romanian media reported investigators speculated the crash may have been caused by pilot error.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?