11 inmates escape from Greek prison
Athens: Eleven foreign prisoners escaped from a jail in Greece during an exchange of fire with guards, Greek authorities said.
The incident which took place Friday night at the Trikala prison left two prison guards injured, Xinhua reported.
Police said the 11 foreign nationals, convicted for robberies, were missing after a standoff with the passengers of two trucks who attacked the prison entrance with automatic weapons.
This was the third incident in a Greek prison in a month.
On Feb 24, a notorious gang leader who is serving life imprisonment failed to escape from the same prison with helicopter and was injured in gunfire. Last week, an Albanian national held prison guards hostage for several hours before surrendering to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'