11 killed in militants` attack on police station in China
Beijing: Nine militants and two policemen were killed in China`s restive Uyghur Muslim majority Xinjiang province when separatists, armed with knives and axes, attacked a police station in the historic city of Kashgar, located close to Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK).
Chinese police shot dead nine assailants believed to be militants from the separatist East Turkistan Islamic Movement, (ETIM) when they attacked a police station at Serikbuya township of Bachu County in Kashgar Prefecture last evening.
Wielding knives and axes, the nine assailants, including one identified as Abla Ehet, attacked the police station in Serikbuya township of Bachu county in Kashgar Prefecture, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted police as saying.
Two police officers who were injured in the attack reportedly died later.
The restive Xinjiang province faced unrest between Uyghurs and members of Han community over the increasing settlements of Hans in the province.
The province witnessed several such attacks resulting in numerous casualties.
China blames ETIM which is fighting for independence of Xinjaing for the violence.
Beijing also blamed the group for the last month`s alleged suicide attack at the historical Tienanmen square here when five people including three suicide attackers were killed and 40 others injured.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA