11 killed in militants` attack on police station in China
Beijing: Nine militants and two policemen were killed in China`s restive Uyghur Muslim majority Xinjiang province when separatists, armed with knives and axes, attacked a police station in the historic city of Kashgar, located close to Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK).
Chinese police shot dead nine assailants believed to be militants from the separatist East Turkistan Islamic Movement, (ETIM) when they attacked a police station at Serikbuya township of Bachu County in Kashgar Prefecture last evening.
Wielding knives and axes, the nine assailants, including one identified as Abla Ehet, attacked the police station in Serikbuya township of Bachu county in Kashgar Prefecture, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted police as saying.
Two police officers who were injured in the attack reportedly died later.
The restive Xinjiang province faced unrest between Uyghurs and members of Han community over the increasing settlements of Hans in the province.
The province witnessed several such attacks resulting in numerous casualties.
China blames ETIM which is fighting for independence of Xinjaing for the violence.
Beijing also blamed the group for the last month`s alleged suicide attack at the historical Tienanmen square here when five people including three suicide attackers were killed and 40 others injured.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency