11 killed in traffic accident in Algeria
Algiers: As many as 11 people were killed and 28 others injured in a deadly traffic accident Sunday in Algeria`s Ouargla province, some 800 km southeast of here, authorities said.
The accident occurred Sunday on the national road No. 56 linking the localities of Ouargla and Touggourt as a truck and a bus collided, Xinhua quoted the firefighting department as saying in a statement.
An investigation was launched by the National Gendarme to determine the circumstances of this tragic accident.
Official figures show that road accident killed 3,737 people and injured 48,875 others in 2012.
A driving licence demerit point system is still not in force in Algeria though it was approved by the transport ministry in 2012.
This new driving licence is seen as an efficient step to curb the alarming increase of deadly car accidents in the north African nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan