11 militants killed in clash in Russia`s Caucasus
Rostov-On-Don (Russia): Russia`s Interior Ministry says 11 suspected Islamic militants have been killed and one police officer was wounded in fighting in the volatile southern province of Ingushetia.
Ministry spokesman in Ingushetia Madina Khadzieva said
today the fighting erupted after police surrounded a group of
militants in the forested mountains near the administrative
border with Chechnya.
The fighting yesterday was one of the largest clashes
between federal forces and militants in Russia`s troubled
North Caucasus in recent months.
Full-scale fighting between separatist insurgents and
government forces in Chechnya ended in the early 2000s, but
Islamic militants have mounted regular raids against
authorities throughout the restive North Caucasus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him