11 militants killed in clash in Russia`s Caucasus
Rostov-On-Don (Russia): Russia`s Interior Ministry says 11 suspected Islamic militants have been killed and one police officer was wounded in fighting in the volatile southern province of Ingushetia.
Ministry spokesman in Ingushetia Madina Khadzieva said
today the fighting erupted after police surrounded a group of
militants in the forested mountains near the administrative
border with Chechnya.
The fighting yesterday was one of the largest clashes
between federal forces and militants in Russia`s troubled
North Caucasus in recent months.
Full-scale fighting between separatist insurgents and
government forces in Chechnya ended in the early 2000s, but
Islamic militants have mounted regular raids against
authorities throughout the restive North Caucasus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?