11 militants killed in clash in Russia`s Caucasus
Rostov-On-Don (Russia): Russia`s Interior Ministry says 11 suspected Islamic militants have been killed and one police officer was wounded in fighting in the volatile southern province of Ingushetia.
Ministry spokesman in Ingushetia Madina Khadzieva said
today the fighting erupted after police surrounded a group of
militants in the forested mountains near the administrative
border with Chechnya.
The fighting yesterday was one of the largest clashes
between federal forces and militants in Russia`s troubled
North Caucasus in recent months.
Full-scale fighting between separatist insurgents and
government forces in Chechnya ended in the early 2000s, but
Islamic militants have mounted regular raids against
authorities throughout the restive North Caucasus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video