11 militants killed in clash in Russia`s Caucasus
Rostov-On-Don (Russia): Russia`s Interior Ministry says 11 suspected Islamic militants have been killed and one police officer was wounded in fighting in the volatile southern province of Ingushetia.
Ministry spokesman in Ingushetia Madina Khadzieva said
today the fighting erupted after police surrounded a group of
militants in the forested mountains near the administrative
border with Chechnya.
The fighting yesterday was one of the largest clashes
between federal forces and militants in Russia`s troubled
North Caucasus in recent months.
Full-scale fighting between separatist insurgents and
government forces in Chechnya ended in the early 2000s, but
Islamic militants have mounted regular raids against
authorities throughout the restive North Caucasus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH