11 sect members killed in shootout in Nigeria
Abuja: Eleven members of a radical
Islamist sect have been killed in a shootout with security forces in the northeastern city of Maiduguri, Nigeria`s military said.
The shootout on Saturday night followed an attack on soldiers by suspected members of the Boko Haram sect.
"Three soldiers were injured when suspected members of
the sect threw an improvised bomb and shot at a patrol team,"
Colonel Victor Ebhaleme, spokesman of the Joint Military Task
Force (JTF), said.
The JTF is aware that some members of the general
public have prior information on attacks on security agencies
and willingly allow their premises to be used for such acts
without reporting to the security agencies, Ebhaleme said in a
"The attack was successfully repelled...and 11 members
of the sect were killed," he added.
Yesterday, at least three people were killed and several others injured in a bomb blast at a church in Suleja
near Nigeria`s capital Abuja.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say