115 security officers killed in Russia`s Dagestan
Moscow: Russian law enforcement agencies lost 115 officers to Islamic insurgency in the North Caucasus region of Dagestan in 2012, the prosecutor general`s office said.
Another 228 officers were injured in attacks, along with more than 200 civilians, said a report.
The republic saw 295 terrorism-related crimes over the past year.
Independent news website Kavkaz-Uzel.ru put law enforcements` losses in Dagestan at 111 in 2011 and 124 in 2010. The tally was based on media reports about clashes in the volatile region.
The most recent attack in Dagestan took place Thursday in Khasavyurt, where a suicide bomber killed himself and three policemen at a checkpoint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her