115 security officers killed in Russia`s Dagestan
Moscow: Russian law enforcement agencies lost 115 officers to Islamic insurgency in the North Caucasus region of Dagestan in 2012, the prosecutor general`s office said.
Another 228 officers were injured in attacks, along with more than 200 civilians, said a report.
The republic saw 295 terrorism-related crimes over the past year.
Independent news website Kavkaz-Uzel.ru put law enforcements` losses in Dagestan at 111 in 2011 and 124 in 2010. The tally was based on media reports about clashes in the volatile region.
The most recent attack in Dagestan took place Thursday in Khasavyurt, where a suicide bomber killed himself and three policemen at a checkpoint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video