115 security officers killed in Russia`s Dagestan
Moscow: Russian law enforcement agencies lost 115 officers to Islamic insurgency in the North Caucasus region of Dagestan in 2012, the prosecutor general`s office said.
Another 228 officers were injured in attacks, along with more than 200 civilians, said a report.
The republic saw 295 terrorism-related crimes over the past year.
Independent news website Kavkaz-Uzel.ru put law enforcements` losses in Dagestan at 111 in 2011 and 124 in 2010. The tally was based on media reports about clashes in the volatile region.
The most recent attack in Dagestan took place Thursday in Khasavyurt, where a suicide bomber killed himself and three policemen at a checkpoint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!