115-year-old woman dies, was world`s oldest person
Des Moines (US): A relative says a 115-year-old US woman has died less than two weeks after inheriting the title of the world`s oldest person.
Dina Manfredini`s granddaughter, Lori Logli, says Manfredini died on Monday morning. Logli wouldn`t talk about the cause of death.
Guinness World Records confirmed that Manfredini inherited the title of world`s oldest living person less than two weeks ago. Bessie Cooper of the US previously held the title at age 116.
Guinness spokesman Robert Young says a Japanese man is believed to now hold the title.
Jiroemon Kimura was born on April 19, 1897, which makes him just 15 days younger than Manfredini.
Young says Kimura, of Kyotango in Kyoto, also is believed to be the second-oldest man in documented history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah