115-year-old woman dies, was world`s oldest person
Des Moines (US): A relative says a 115-year-old US woman has died less than two weeks after inheriting the title of the world`s oldest person.
Dina Manfredini`s granddaughter, Lori Logli, says Manfredini died on Monday morning. Logli wouldn`t talk about the cause of death.
Guinness World Records confirmed that Manfredini inherited the title of world`s oldest living person less than two weeks ago. Bessie Cooper of the US previously held the title at age 116.
Guinness spokesman Robert Young says a Japanese man is believed to now hold the title.
Jiroemon Kimura was born on April 19, 1897, which makes him just 15 days younger than Manfredini.
Young says Kimura, of Kyotango in Kyoto, also is believed to be the second-oldest man in documented history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!