115-year-old woman dies, was world`s oldest person
Des Moines (US): A relative says a 115-year-old US woman has died less than two weeks after inheriting the title of the world`s oldest person.
Dina Manfredini`s granddaughter, Lori Logli, says Manfredini died on Monday morning. Logli wouldn`t talk about the cause of death.
Guinness World Records confirmed that Manfredini inherited the title of world`s oldest living person less than two weeks ago. Bessie Cooper of the US previously held the title at age 116.
Guinness spokesman Robert Young says a Japanese man is believed to now hold the title.
Jiroemon Kimura was born on April 19, 1897, which makes him just 15 days younger than Manfredini.
Young says Kimura, of Kyotango in Kyoto, also is believed to be the second-oldest man in documented history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'