12 die in Brunei chopper crash
Bandar Seri Begawan: Twelve people were killed when an air force helicopter crashed in Brunei, the country`s Defence Ministry said Saturday. There were two survivors.
The ministry said in a statement that bodies of all victims had been recovered, reported Xinhua.
"Near to noon today (Saturday), it was reported that all of the personnel involved in the crash have been accounted for bringing the tally to 12 fatalities and two survivors," the statement said.
The survivors are currently being treated in hospital and are in stable condition, the statement added.
The Royal Brunei Air Force Bell 212 helicopter, carrying 14 people back to the capital city of Bandar Seri Begawan after training, crashed Friday afternoon in Kuala Belait area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter