12 die in Brunei chopper crash
Bandar Seri Begawan: Twelve people were killed when an air force helicopter crashed in Brunei, the country`s Defence Ministry said Saturday. There were two survivors.
The ministry said in a statement that bodies of all victims had been recovered, reported Xinhua.
"Near to noon today (Saturday), it was reported that all of the personnel involved in the crash have been accounted for bringing the tally to 12 fatalities and two survivors," the statement said.
The survivors are currently being treated in hospital and are in stable condition, the statement added.
The Royal Brunei Air Force Bell 212 helicopter, carrying 14 people back to the capital city of Bandar Seri Begawan after training, crashed Friday afternoon in Kuala Belait area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city