12 kg of ‘Liquid Ecstasy’ drug seized in Moscow
Moscow: Around 12 kg of Gamma hydroxybutyric acid (GHB), also known as "Liquid Ecstasy", has been seized by police in Moscow region, the Federal Customs Service said.
GHB is classified as an illicit drug in many countries. It occurs in small quantities in the human body and is sometimes used as a psychotropic substance in medicine to treat narcolepsy.
The use of the drug, which causes addiction, may lead to negative changes in consciousness and behaviour. Its overdose may be fatal.
A channel to smuggle GHB from China by mail has been blocked, according to customs officials.
Many residents of Moscow region, involved in organising illegal deliveries of psychotropic substances, have been detained, the Customs Service said.
A total of 11.6 kg of the psychotropic substance was seized from them. It is equivalent to 30,000-50,000 drug doses, it said.
If found guilty, the detainees face up to 20 years in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state