12 killed in explosive factory blast in China
Beijing: Twelve people were killed and nineteen others injured today when a blast occurred in an explosives manufacturing plant in east China`s Shandong Province.
The explosion took place inside a workshop of a Poly Explosives (Jinan) Co. Ltd. Plant in Caofan Township, Zhangqiu City and caused the building to collapse, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Thirty-four workers were in the workshop at the time of the accident.
As many as thirty-one workers have been pulled out of the rubble, including the dead. Search and rescue work for those missing is currently underway, the report said.
The injured, including two who sustained serious injuries, are being treated in local hospitals.
Poly Explosives manufactures explosives for civilian use.
Covering an area of 66 hectares, the company`s plant in Caofan Township was a new manufacturing base with an annual output of at least 30,000 tonnes of explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends