12 killed in second road accident in Egypt
Cairo: At least 12 people were killed and several others injured on Saturday when a minibus collided with a lorry near the Egyptian capital, just hours after a deadly crash claimed the lives of many nursery school children.
Twelve people were killed after the minibus collided with the lorry on the Wahat Road in south Giza, around 20 kilometres from Cairo. The accident left several others injured, Ahram Online reported.
The lorry was speeding on the wrong side of the road and crashed into the minibus carrying 15 passengers, officials said.
The truck driver was arrested and rescue services were on to extract the bodies, police said.
The incident came after a major accident earlier today in Upper Egypt`s Assiut, where 50 people, mostly nursery school children, were killed when a train hit their school bus.
The school bus was hit by the speeding train after a railway crossing guard apparently fell asleep, triggering angry demonstrations and resignations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future