12 killed in second road accident in Egypt
Cairo: At least 12 people were killed and several others injured on Saturday when a minibus collided with a lorry near the Egyptian capital, just hours after a deadly crash claimed the lives of many nursery school children.
Twelve people were killed after the minibus collided with the lorry on the Wahat Road in south Giza, around 20 kilometres from Cairo. The accident left several others injured, Ahram Online reported.
The lorry was speeding on the wrong side of the road and crashed into the minibus carrying 15 passengers, officials said.
The truck driver was arrested and rescue services were on to extract the bodies, police said.
The incident came after a major accident earlier today in Upper Egypt`s Assiut, where 50 people, mostly nursery school children, were killed when a train hit their school bus.
The school bus was hit by the speeding train after a railway crossing guard apparently fell asleep, triggering angry demonstrations and resignations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!