12 killed in second road accident in Egypt
Cairo: At least 12 people were killed and several others injured on Saturday when a minibus collided with a lorry near the Egyptian capital, just hours after a deadly crash claimed the lives of many nursery school children.
Twelve people were killed after the minibus collided with the lorry on the Wahat Road in south Giza, around 20 kilometres from Cairo. The accident left several others injured, Ahram Online reported.
The lorry was speeding on the wrong side of the road and crashed into the minibus carrying 15 passengers, officials said.
The truck driver was arrested and rescue services were on to extract the bodies, police said.
The incident came after a major accident earlier today in Upper Egypt`s Assiut, where 50 people, mostly nursery school children, were killed when a train hit their school bus.
The school bus was hit by the speeding train after a railway crossing guard apparently fell asleep, triggering angry demonstrations and resignations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city