12 killed in second road accident in Egypt
Cairo: At least 12 people were killed and several others injured on Saturday when a minibus collided with a lorry near the Egyptian capital, just hours after a deadly crash claimed the lives of many nursery school children.
Twelve people were killed after the minibus collided with the lorry on the Wahat Road in south Giza, around 20 kilometres from Cairo. The accident left several others injured, Ahram Online reported.
The lorry was speeding on the wrong side of the road and crashed into the minibus carrying 15 passengers, officials said.
The truck driver was arrested and rescue services were on to extract the bodies, police said.
The incident came after a major accident earlier today in Upper Egypt`s Assiut, where 50 people, mostly nursery school children, were killed when a train hit their school bus.
The school bus was hit by the speeding train after a railway crossing guard apparently fell asleep, triggering angry demonstrations and resignations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31