12-member terror cell arrested: Jordan police
Amman: Police in the Jordanian capital say they have arrested a 12-member "terrorist cell" and seized "large quantities" of arms and ammunition.
A police statement on Wednesday says the pre-dawn arrest took place in a middle-class district northwest of Amman.
It provides no other details but a security official says the suspects are "outlaws plotting to disturb public order." He insisted that those arrested were not linked to neighbouring Syria or the civil war there.
The official declined to elaborate pending an ongoing investigation. He insisted on anonymity because he is not permitted to make public statements until the probe is completed.
Jordan is concerned that Syria may use `sleeping cells` to undermine security in its smaller southern neighbour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted