12-member terror cell arrested: Jordan police
Amman: Police in the Jordanian capital say they have arrested a 12-member "terrorist cell" and seized "large quantities" of arms and ammunition.
A police statement on Wednesday says the pre-dawn arrest took place in a middle-class district northwest of Amman.
It provides no other details but a security official says the suspects are "outlaws plotting to disturb public order." He insisted that those arrested were not linked to neighbouring Syria or the civil war there.
The official declined to elaborate pending an ongoing investigation. He insisted on anonymity because he is not permitted to make public statements until the probe is completed.
Jordan is concerned that Syria may use `sleeping cells` to undermine security in its smaller southern neighbour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself