1,200 dead pigs recovered from Shanghai river
Shanghai: A day after over 900 dead pigs were recovered from
Shanghai`s Huangpu river in China, authorities claimed to have fished out 1,200 pigs by Sunday afternoon and the source of the pigs was traced upstream, Xinhua reported.
The municipal authorities said the retrieved pigs from the river would be collected and handled in a harmless way.
According to the labels pinned in the pigs` ears, meant to trace their information, indicated they came from the upstream waters of the river. Authorities were conducting coordinated efforts to stop the dumping of dead pigs from the source.
Media reports said the pigs mainly came from Shanghai`s neighbouring Jiangsu and Zhejiang provinces.
Meanwhile, the city`s water supply bureau said the water quality of Shanghai had not been affected by the floating dead pigs. "The data of water quality are all within the normal range."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read