1,200 dead pigs recovered from Shanghai river
Shanghai: A day after over 900 dead pigs were recovered from
Shanghai`s Huangpu river in China, authorities claimed to have fished out 1,200 pigs by Sunday afternoon and the source of the pigs was traced upstream, Xinhua reported.
The municipal authorities said the retrieved pigs from the river would be collected and handled in a harmless way.
According to the labels pinned in the pigs` ears, meant to trace their information, indicated they came from the upstream waters of the river. Authorities were conducting coordinated efforts to stop the dumping of dead pigs from the source.
Media reports said the pigs mainly came from Shanghai`s neighbouring Jiangsu and Zhejiang provinces.
Meanwhile, the city`s water supply bureau said the water quality of Shanghai had not been affected by the floating dead pigs. "The data of water quality are all within the normal range."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday