$121K for car thief`s head: Philippine official
Manila: The vice mayor of a southern Philippine city has offered a USD 121,000 reward for the decapitated head of the alleged leader of a gang of car thieves.
Davao City Vice Mayor Rodrigo Duterte, known for being tough on criminals, told a news conference in Davao on Wednesday that he would give 2 million pesos (USD 48,400) if suspect Ryan Yu is arrested and 4 million pesos (USD 96,800) if he`s killed. He said he`d add another 1 million pesos (USD 24,200) if Yu`s decapitated head is delivered to him "in ice."
Davao police chief Ronald de la Rosa said today that many interested parties had sent text messages wanting assurance they would receive the reward.
Human rights commission chairman Loretta Rosales said Duterte violated the law for making a judgment without due process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP emerges as big winner in Mumbai, sweeps Pune, Amravati, Nagpur, Nashik
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17