127 dead in Congo plane crash
Kinshasa: At least 127 people were killed when a plane overshot the runaway and crashed into a jungle in the eastern part of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Xinhua reported.
Bad weather was blamed for the crash Friday. The transport ministry said 51 passengers were rescued. It was not immediately clear how many people were on board the plane.
The Hewa Bora Airways, which operated the aircraft, was banned from flying into Europe due to safety concerns, according to RIA Novosti.
tried to land it in a stormy weather.
The rescue efforts were underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal