127 dead in Congo plane crash
Kinshasa: At least 127 people were killed when a plane overshot the runaway and crashed into a jungle in the eastern part of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Xinhua reported.
Bad weather was blamed for the crash Friday. The transport ministry said 51 passengers were rescued. It was not immediately clear how many people were on board the plane.
The Hewa Bora Airways, which operated the aircraft, was banned from flying into Europe due to safety concerns, according to RIA Novosti.
tried to land it in a stormy weather.
The rescue efforts were underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video