13 killed, 64 injured in icy expressway pile-up in China
Beijing: Thirteen people were killed and 64 others injured in multiple vehicle pile-up on an icy expressway in central China`s Hunan province on Friday.
Freezing rain is making driving along the expressway from Changde to Zhangjiajie in Hunan extremely dangerous, traffic authorities warned.
Four suffered serious injuries while more than 60 were slightly injured.
All the injured are being treated in four hospitals in Changde, official Xinhua news agency report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Piaggio launches Aprilia SR 150 in India priced at Rs 65,000
- Family of killed Dalit youths, who died in 2012 Gujarat police firing, demand CBI probe
- Won't camouflage baby bump on screen: Kareena
- J&K unrest: Kashmiris are not stone-pelters, only few are disturbing peace, says Mehbooba Mufti
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' mints over Rs 10 crore in opening weekend