13 killed in Philippines shootout
Manila: Thirteen armed men were killed in a shootout Sunday with a joint team of the police and military in Quezon province of the Philippines, a military spokesperson said.
The shootout, in which a police officer was also injured, occurred in the afternoon at Tanauan village when the police and military personnel manning a checkpoint tried to flag down two sports utility vehicles (SUVs), Xinhua quoted spokesperson Colonel Generoso Bolina as saying.
Instead of stopping at the checkpoint, the suspects shot at the security personnel, prompting the latter to retaliate, the official said.
The shootout left 13 men in the SUVs dead, but also injured a police officer, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof