13 workers of private power plant kidnapped in SW Pakistan
Islamabad: Armed militants today abducted 13 workers of a privately owned power plant in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan.
The militants kidnapped the workers of Uch Power Plant from Mangoli area of Naseerabad district. According to media reports, the workers were travelling in company vehicles from Sukkur to Naseerabad when they were intercepted.
Following the incident, the Balochistan government launched a search operation in the troubled district. Paramilitary Frontier Corps and police personnel were called into Mangoli to search for the workers.
Naseerabad is one of the most sensitive districts of Balochistan, where the Taliban and separatist militant groups are active.
Militants have targeted trains, gas pipelines and security forces in the area for over a decade. Incidents of kidnapping have increased across Balochistan in recent years.
Last week, well-known cardiologist Manaf Tareen was freed by his abductors after a hefty ransom was allegedly paid for his release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Woman dies under mysterious circumstances in west Delhi
- Roopanwal commission submits report on Rohith Vemula suicide
- Delhi Home Min to attend Mother Teresa's sainthood ceremony in Vatican
- Arun Jaitley not to attend SAARC meet in Pakistan: Report
- Centre okays NIA probe into cases of missing from Kerala