13 workers of private power plant kidnapped in SW Pakistan
Islamabad: Armed militants today abducted 13 workers of a privately owned power plant in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan.
The militants kidnapped the workers of Uch Power Plant from Mangoli area of Naseerabad district. According to media reports, the workers were travelling in company vehicles from Sukkur to Naseerabad when they were intercepted.
Following the incident, the Balochistan government launched a search operation in the troubled district. Paramilitary Frontier Corps and police personnel were called into Mangoli to search for the workers.
Naseerabad is one of the most sensitive districts of Balochistan, where the Taliban and separatist militant groups are active.
Militants have targeted trains, gas pipelines and security forces in the area for over a decade. Incidents of kidnapping have increased across Balochistan in recent years.
Last week, well-known cardiologist Manaf Tareen was freed by his abductors after a hefty ransom was allegedly paid for his release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you