13 workers of private power plant kidnapped in SW Pakistan
Islamabad: Armed militants today abducted 13 workers of a privately owned power plant in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan.
The militants kidnapped the workers of Uch Power Plant from Mangoli area of Naseerabad district. According to media reports, the workers were travelling in company vehicles from Sukkur to Naseerabad when they were intercepted.
Following the incident, the Balochistan government launched a search operation in the troubled district. Paramilitary Frontier Corps and police personnel were called into Mangoli to search for the workers.
Naseerabad is one of the most sensitive districts of Balochistan, where the Taliban and separatist militant groups are active.
Militants have targeted trains, gas pipelines and security forces in the area for over a decade. Incidents of kidnapping have increased across Balochistan in recent years.
Last week, well-known cardiologist Manaf Tareen was freed by his abductors after a hefty ransom was allegedly paid for his release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise