1,300 arrested for illegal online drug sales in China
Beijing: China`s police on Saturday announced that over 1,300 people have been arrested as suspects involved in illegal drug sales online amid a special crackdown.
Chinese police launched a special combat, including three intensive raids, against illegal online drug sales and sales of fake drugs since June this year and to date police forces in 29 provincial-level regions have closed 140 unlicensed websites and online drug stores, Xinhua quoted the ministry of public security as saying in a statement.
Police have seized more than nine tonnes of raw materials for fake drug manufacture, the statement said.
The statement said illegal online sellers often use deceptive advertisements to lure buyers and most of the drugs were found to be made of starch or spoiled materials.
Some drugs contained illegal, psychedelic or poisonous ingredients that may harm user`s health, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video