1,350 aftershocks recorded after China quake
Qinghai: A total of 1,350 aftershocks have been recorded after the April 14 earthquake that left more than 2,000 people dead in northwest China, Xinhua reported.
The epicentre of the magnitude 7.1 quake was in the Yushu Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture in Qinghai province.
Of the 1,350 aftershocks, 13 were above magnitude 3 and the biggest one was measured 6.3 on the Richter scale, the Qinghai Provincial Seismological Bureau said in a statement.
The frequency and severity of the aftershocks were on a downward trend, it said.
About 84 people are still missing, while some 12,000 were injured in the quake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred