1,350 aftershocks recorded after China quake
Qinghai: A total of 1,350 aftershocks have been recorded after the April 14 earthquake that left more than 2,000 people dead in northwest China, Xinhua reported.
The epicentre of the magnitude 7.1 quake was in the Yushu Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture in Qinghai province.
Of the 1,350 aftershocks, 13 were above magnitude 3 and the biggest one was measured 6.3 on the Richter scale, the Qinghai Provincial Seismological Bureau said in a statement.
The frequency and severity of the aftershocks were on a downward trend, it said.
About 84 people are still missing, while some 12,000 were injured in the quake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh