1,350 aftershocks recorded after China quake
Qinghai: A total of 1,350 aftershocks have been recorded after the April 14 earthquake that left more than 2,000 people dead in northwest China, Xinhua reported.
The epicentre of the magnitude 7.1 quake was in the Yushu Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture in Qinghai province.
Of the 1,350 aftershocks, 13 were above magnitude 3 and the biggest one was measured 6.3 on the Richter scale, the Qinghai Provincial Seismological Bureau said in a statement.
The frequency and severity of the aftershocks were on a downward trend, it said.
About 84 people are still missing, while some 12,000 were injured in the quake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued