1,350 aftershocks recorded after China quake
Qinghai: A total of 1,350 aftershocks have been recorded after the April 14 earthquake that left more than 2,000 people dead in northwest China, Xinhua reported.
The epicentre of the magnitude 7.1 quake was in the Yushu Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture in Qinghai province.
Of the 1,350 aftershocks, 13 were above magnitude 3 and the biggest one was measured 6.3 on the Richter scale, the Qinghai Provincial Seismological Bureau said in a statement.
The frequency and severity of the aftershocks were on a downward trend, it said.
About 84 people are still missing, while some 12,000 were injured in the quake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH