1,350 aftershocks recorded after China quake
Qinghai: A total of 1,350 aftershocks have been recorded after the April 14 earthquake that left more than 2,000 people dead in northwest China, Xinhua reported.
The epicentre of the magnitude 7.1 quake was in the Yushu Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture in Qinghai province.
Of the 1,350 aftershocks, 13 were above magnitude 3 and the biggest one was measured 6.3 on the Richter scale, the Qinghai Provincial Seismological Bureau said in a statement.
The frequency and severity of the aftershocks were on a downward trend, it said.
About 84 people are still missing, while some 12,000 were injured in the quake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi