14 killed in 2 drug-plagued Mexican states
Morelia (Mexico): Authorities say the bodies of seven men were found in plastic chairs placed along the side of a street in the drug cartel-plagued Mexican state of Michoacan, while another seven people were killed in the neighboring Guerrero.
Michoacan`s Attorney General`s Office said in a statement yesterday that the seven bodies had bullet wounds and had been placed individually in the sitting position in chairs near a traffic circle in the city of Uruapan. The office did not provide a motive for killings.
In Guerrero, authorities said armed men burst into a bar in Ciudad Altamirano and opened fire late Friday. Four civilians and three off-duty federal agents were killed.
Both the states on Mexico`s western coast have seen a surge of violence in recent years attribute to drug cartels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore