14 killed in bus crash in China
Beijing: At least 14 people were killed and eight others injured after a double-decker sleeper coach plunged off a bridge on the Yangtze River in China`s central Hubei Province, authorities said on Wednesday.
Two of the injured are in critical condition, the health bureau in Jingzhou City said in a press release.
Emergency treatment continued overnight, but doctors are uncertain if they will survive, it said.
Of the other six injured, the release said four are serious but stable.
The coach, owned by a transport company in Enshi, went through the guardrail of the Jingzhou Yangtze River Bridge and fell down. The vehicle had 36 seats and was carrying 22 people from the provincial capital Wuhan to Enshi.
Authorities are yet to identify the victims, most of whom were migrants.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!