14 killed in bus crash in China
Beijing: At least 14 people were killed and eight others injured after a double-decker sleeper coach plunged off a bridge on the Yangtze River in China`s central Hubei Province, authorities said on Wednesday.
Two of the injured are in critical condition, the health bureau in Jingzhou City said in a press release.
Emergency treatment continued overnight, but doctors are uncertain if they will survive, it said.
Of the other six injured, the release said four are serious but stable.
The coach, owned by a transport company in Enshi, went through the guardrail of the Jingzhou Yangtze River Bridge and fell down. The vehicle had 36 seats and was carrying 22 people from the provincial capital Wuhan to Enshi.
Authorities are yet to identify the victims, most of whom were migrants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM