15 killed, 4.68 mn affected by heavy rains in China
Beijing: At least 15 people were killed and 4.68 million affected as heavy rains lashed several parts of China.
Rain lashed nine provincial regions in southern and eastern China, including the provinces of Anhui, Hubei, Hunan and Jiangxi, an official statement said.
Hail or rain-triggered floods have affected 4.68 million people and forced the relocation of 62,000 people, toppling 2,500 houses and damaged 21,400 hectares of crops, state-run Xinhua quoted the statement as saying.
The disasters caused direct economic losses of 1.7 billion yuan (about $277.16 million).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!