15 killed, 4.68 mn affected by heavy rains in China
Beijing: At least 15 people were killed and 4.68 million affected as heavy rains lashed several parts of China.
Rain lashed nine provincial regions in southern and eastern China, including the provinces of Anhui, Hubei, Hunan and Jiangxi, an official statement said.
Hail or rain-triggered floods have affected 4.68 million people and forced the relocation of 62,000 people, toppling 2,500 houses and damaged 21,400 hectares of crops, state-run Xinhua quoted the statement as saying.
The disasters caused direct economic losses of 1.7 billion yuan (about $277.16 million).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials