15 killed in bus accident: Jordan
Amman: Jordan says a bus carrying Palestinian pilgrims has overturned and crashed into a trailer on a highway near the Israeli border, killing 15 people.
A Civil Defence statement says 14 pilgrims and the driver were killed in accident today, while 32 Palestinians were injured.
The statement says the pilgrims were passing through Jordan on their way back to the West Bank from Muslim holy shrines in the cities of Mecca and Medina in neighboring Saudi Arabia.
It says the bus driver lost control over the brakes, skidded and collided into a trailer, then overturned about 20 kilometers east of the Israeli-controlled Allenby Bridge.
The bridge across the Jordan River is used for passengers and cargo traded with the West Bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam