15 killed in bus accident: Jordan
Amman: Jordan says a bus carrying Palestinian pilgrims has overturned and crashed into a trailer on a highway near the Israeli border, killing 15 people.
A Civil Defence statement says 14 pilgrims and the driver were killed in accident today, while 32 Palestinians were injured.
The statement says the pilgrims were passing through Jordan on their way back to the West Bank from Muslim holy shrines in the cities of Mecca and Medina in neighboring Saudi Arabia.
It says the bus driver lost control over the brakes, skidded and collided into a trailer, then overturned about 20 kilometers east of the Israeli-controlled Allenby Bridge.
The bridge across the Jordan River is used for passengers and cargo traded with the West Bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31